Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pregnancy Fashion: The Jegging

Pregnancy fashion is a slippery slope here, at least for me. When I first started getting a visible bump, I began looking into maternity clothes and instantly wanted to die. I mean, have you seen what is out there? Eventually I bit the bullet and ordered a few items, including a pair of jeans and they were huge. My pre-pregnancy size is a 0 so that’s what I ordered in maternity but no dice; the fit was just terrible. So on to plan B – the jegging.

The jegging is seriously a pregnant woman’s best friend because they look like jeans, but feel like leggings and are absurdly comfortable. Better yet, because jeggings are so soft and stretchy, you can buy non-maternity jeggings and they’ll fit just fine. Admittedly, I'm a huge denim snob and only wear JBrand, True Religion, COH etc., but with a new baby on the way, husband finishing up business school and me being the sole income, there was no way I was dropping that kind of money on jeans right now. Coincidentally I was in Old Navy picking up an adorable pair of unfortunately no longer available faux snakeskin flats (side note: you would never expect, but ON occasionally has insanely cute shoes) and stumbled upon the Rock Star Denim Legging and decided to try, especially since the Ruby wash (a cool inky color) totally reminded me of the JBrand Bruiser wash that I absolutely love.

They are seriously one of the most comfortable pairs of pants I own and I’ve been wearing the hell out of them lately. And they’re on sale right now for $19. Seriously get them, get several. I sized up to a 2 because I was worried about shrinkage after washing and they’re perfect. And if you’re wondering how to rectify the stomach situation, just leave unbuttoned and use a band to cover or fold the waistband inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment