Monday, May 16, 2011

Pregnancy Fashion: Formal Events

Formal events have got to be a pregnant woman's worst nightmare. It's hard enough dressing stylishly on a daily basis, let alone finding a cute cocktail dress to fit an ever-expanding belly. Mr. M and I recently attended a wedding and I knew I had to get creative when choosing attire so I turned to my fave site Rent the Runway in search of a flowy cocktail dress that would accommodate a growing bump. Just to note: this is not maternity wear, the dresses are normal sizes.

Here's my tip for finding a fab cocktail dress that fit an almost 7 month bump: Search by body type and click on apple, since when you're pregnant your body basically is an apple shape.

Specifically look for flowy, grecian style dresses in stretch or jersey fabrics. Definitely read the reviews as well - reviewers will note that dresses run large, which in this case is a good thing.

I settled on this gorge cobalt blue Mark & James by Badgley Mischka draped dress and sized up to a small from my normal xsmall size and it fit perfectly. Please excuse the insanely poor quality of the pics - Mr. M snapped these on his phone right before we left.

If you're not a member of Rent the Runway click here for an invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment